ARRANGEMENTS FOR TRANSACTIONS, OF DAY TO DAY BUSINESS, OF THE SOCIETY, THE EXPENDITURE TO BE INCURRED THEREOF: THE STAFF TP BE EMPLOYED AND CONDITION OF SERVICE OF SUCH EMPLOYEE:
The Secretary will transact day to day business of the society and incur expenditure subject to the approval of the Executive Committee. The employment of Staff etc., are detailed in Bye-Law No.14 above.
Enrollment of Members:
1) Qualifications for membership, Classification, Restrictions and Conditions:
Membership of the Association shall be open to all who are Old Students in the College.
The eligible member shall submit his application for membership to the Secretary of the society. The Secretary will place the above applications, before the next executive committee meeting to be held. If the executive committee accept the application the applicant shall become a member of the society.
The Executive Committee reserves the right either to accept or reject the application without signing any reason.
Any member who wishes to resign fro the membership of the society will submit his resignation to the secretary after paying all the subscriptions, due to the society and get himself relieved.
2) Entrance and Other Fees, or Subscription to be collected from Members:
Entrance Fee Rs. NIL. Annual Subscription Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only), Life Member Rs. 1000/- (Rupees Thousand Only)
3) Dates prescribed for payment of the amount specified Sub-Clause (2) about and levy of penalties or fines in any imposed on defaulting members:
The subscription referred to in Sub-Clasuse (2) above shall be payable on or before 10th April of Each Year. If the subscription is not paid on the due date a penalty of Rs.1/- (Rupee One) will be collected along with the subscription.
If members have not remitted the subscription within 30th June of the year they will automatically forefeit their membership and they will not have voting right.
Removal of Members, The Circumstance under which members could be removed from the Rolls and the Procedure for such Removal and Appeal if any against such Removal.
No subscriber has been removed till this day. Any member who indulges against the objects of the society or growth of the society and act in contravention of the rules of the society can be removed from the society by a majority of the members of the Executive Committee. The removed subscriber can appeal to the General Body of the society within one month of such removal against the orders of the executive committee. If the General Body after examining in detail of the appeal and accept the contention of the subscriber he shall continue to be a member of the society. If such appeal is rejected by the General Body the removed subscriber will not be admitted as member forever.
CONDUCT OF ANNUAL GENERAL BODY MEETINGS AS LAID DOWN IN SECTION 26 AND THE PROCEDURE THEREOF;-
- After the close of the financial year within six months i.e-. on or before 20th September of the year, the annual general body should meet for approval of the Balance Sheet of Previous Year and transact its business. The General Body may also meet in the interim period if necessary.
- The Quorum of the General Body Meeting is 1/3rd of the total members.
- The General Body meet on every year shall elect PRESIDENT, Two VICE-PRESIDENTS, SECRETARY, JOINT SECRETARY, TREASURER AND Ten Executive Committee Members for the subsequent term.
- Notice of General Body Meeting shall be sent to the members of the society by the Secretary before 21 days of the meeting specifying the day, hour, place and objects of the meeting. The notice shall also be affixed to the notice board of the society.
- The President will preside over the General Body meeting in the absence of the President, any Vice President shall preside over the General Body Meeting. In the absence of the Vice President also, any member present shall be elected as President and he can preside over the General Body Meeting.
- The Resolution to be moved shall first be moved by a member and seconded by another member. The resolution can be passed unanimously or by majority of votes. In case of equal number of votes the casting vote by the President will decide the majority.
- The president has powers to reject by resolution if it is against the provisions of the Bye-Laws of against the interest of the society.
- Any member against whom a resolution is discussed and put to vote shall not have the right of voting, but any member who is seeking election for the office bearer of the society shall have the right of voting.
FUNCTIONS OF GENERAL BODY
- The audited statements of the receipts and expenditure account Balance Sheet and Audit Report of the previous year shall be examined and accepted.
- To look into the affairs of the society and suggest improvements for the society.
- To decide on appeals against the orders of the Executive Committee.
- To remove any member who is indulging against the interest of the society.
- If the society is to be dissolved, the assets of the society shall not be divided among the members, but the assets should be amalgamated with that of the society which has the same objects.
CONDUCT OF EXTRA ORDINARY GENERAL BODY MEETING AS LAID DOWN IN SECTION 28 AND THE PROCEDURE THEREOF: AND THE NUMBER OF MEMBERS REQUIRED FOR MAKING A REQUISITION IN WRITING CALLING FOR SUCH A MEETING:-
President can call for a general body meeting as and when necessary. If a requisition by Five members of the Executive Committee or by one third 1/3 members of the society in writing is received, within one month from the date of requisition the General Body Meeting shall be convened by issuing a notice to all members before 21 days as stipulated in Bye-Laws Number 22.